Did you know that HVAC experts say up to 75 percent of no-heat emergency calls in the winter are related to a lack of maintenance? Not only will a yearly burner inspection prevent your family from being left out in the cold, but it will also prolong the life of your system, save on energy bills – and even decrease health risks due to possible carbon monoxide leaks. That’s why, at Blackall Mechanical, we urge you to schedule an annual burner inspection!
What does a burner inspection entail?
At Blackall, we offer a thorough burner inspection and tune-up to keep your system in optimal condition and address any issues before they affect other components.
Our inspection includes the following:
· Check over-all condition of furnace or boiler
· Clean heat exchanger
· Remove and clean flue pipe & base of chimney
· Reinstall flue pipe and seal joint at thimble
· Seal any clean-out doors
· Service oil burner
· Replace nozzle
· Inspect end cone
· Clean and inspect electrodes for cracks and wear
· Replace oil filter and gasket; oil gasket with lubricating oil
· Clean and replace fuel pump strainer and gasket (if applicable)
· Clean and inspect cad cell
· Check all wiring and tighten all connections
· Oil motor
· Clean oil burner fan
· Startup burner and check operation
· Check pump pressure and vacuum readings
· Check safety controls, limits, etc.
· Perform combustion efficiency test
· Check draft overfire and in breech
· Conduct smoke test and adjust for a clean fire
· Recheck draft overfire if air band adjustment was made
· Check CO2 overfire and in breech
· Clean up furnace and surrounding area
· Take stack and net stack temperatures
· For boiler systems, check all pumps, valves, and controls for correct function
· Check fuel level in oil tank and advise customer if low
Call Blackall Mechanical today!
As your HVAC (and plumbing) specialist, Blackall is committed to unsurpassed excellence and integrity – second to none! Composed of industry professionals with over 135 years of combined experience, Blackall can handle all of your HVAC needs – from the smallest service and repair job, to the largest commercial construction project, including retrofit or equipment upgrades! For peace-of-mind all year round, call Blackall Mechanical today!
At Blackall we truly do it all – with an unmatched commitment to customer satisfaction! Contact us today!